Support the NNPLS by purchasing books and other items from the volunteer-run Friends Bookstore. All proceeds go to the Friends of the Newport News Public Library System.
Main Street Bookstore Hours
|Tuesday||10am - 5pm|
|Thursday||10am - 5pm|
|Saturday||10am - 4pm|
Grissom Bookstore Hours
|Sat. July 9||10am - 4pm|
|Sat. Aug. 13||10am - 4pm|
|Sat. Sept. 10||10am - 4pm|
Please visit the Friends' website for details regarding upcoming booksales!
Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Newport News Public Library is a nonprofit, volunteer organization. The organization was incorporated in 1981 to foster closer relations between the Newport News Public Library and the citizens of the City. The primary purpose of the Friends is to promote knowledge of the services, resources and needs of the library and to assist in the development and provision of adequate services and facilities in Newport News.
To date, the Friends have:
- purchased personal computers for public use at libraries and outfitted computer labs
- sponsored programs and speakers at the libraries
- awarded scholarships to Newport News library employees
- underwritten the Summer Reading Program at the libraries
This year, the Friends will be:
- providing funds for programs at the libraries
- buying books and other materials for the libraries
- supporting the Summer Reading Program
- holding book sales and other fund raisers to meet specific needs
Become a Member
Friends members receive a monthly newsletter telling about Friends and library activities. Friends members also are admitted to "Friends Only" preview sales before the general public at our regular booksales.
Your support is needed as a volunteer, a contributor, and a supporter of library services!
Have questions? Email the Friends @ email@example.com
Tax Return Donations
Make a Donation, Make a Difference
You can donate your State individual tax return to the Library! Every donation brings the Library one step closer to reaching its goals for early literacy and community engagement.